Garden furniture, also popularly known as outdoor furniture and patio furniture, is mainly required for outdoor settings. These are very useful for seating arrangements in gardens, lawns, hotels, and restaurant settings. A patio set consists of a table, chairs and an umbrella or a parasol. These can be customized according to requirements of different settings. For example, you can have a fixed or movable parasol as well as a fixed or movable parasol heater to enable people to sit outside during cold weather conditions. Garden furniture is ideally constructed of materials which can stand up to different climate conditions and is durable. Our favorite is Cast Aluminium garden furniture. But there are other materials used: wood, aluminium, wicker, plastic, and cast iron.
Our gardens are wonderful extensions of our indoor living rooms where one would like to enjoy the seasons of spring, summer and fall. Of course, to experience the wonders of nature thoroughly, it is best to invest a little in the right furniture for the outdoors which will last for years to come. There are many options to choose from when it comes to furniture for your garden. While we discuss the different kinds of materials you can pick, we shall also briefly discuss how to take care of your garden chairs and tables.
MATERIALS USED IN OUTDOOR FURNITURE
• Aluminium - is a good choice when it comes to picking furniture for your outer space. It looks best in the deck dining area and even a vegetable garden. With the overall framework being made of this material, the chair's seat and back can be designed in a sling, strap or lace pattern.
• Cast Aluminium - furniture made from cast aluminium is a popular choice as it is weatherproof and lightweight, and is available in many styles. It is also quite long lasting with easy maintenance.
• Wicker or Rattan - Wicker has been in use for many years, and is quite durable and sturdy. There have been great advancements in the wicker furniture used these days, and people can find all elements of their outdoor seating accessories in wicker.
• Wood - Via an ever famous choice, solid wood furniture can be quite costly. The most often used wood includes alder, teak, Brazilian cherry, mahogany and cedar. Proper maintenance of your wooden chairs and tables can help them last for many years, sometimes as long as 30 years.
• Plastic- Plastic is one of the easiest and safest choices when it comes to picking tables and chairs for your garden. These are usually stackable, and hence easy to store. A popular form in this style are the Adirondack style chairs for dining which are available in plastic too.
• Cast Iron - these make your garden look quite inviting and beautiful. However, apart from the bistro set look they lend to the outdoors, they are not too easy to move around, and neither are they too comfortable to sit on.
TAKING CARE OF YOUR FURNITURE
It is a good idea to sanitize chairs and tables lying outside your home every once a month. A periodic wash with water and soap is all that it requires. This will remove minute dust particles along with small taints that develop with use. However, prevent the use of water on bare woods to maintain the quality of wood. Minor repairs can be dealt with by cleaning and waxing of the furniture. A little touch-up will take care of small cracks and bare spots and prevent them from developing into bigger damages. Spills on the table and chairs will leave permanent stains if not cleaned soon enough.
Thus, choose the right furniture for your extended space to make it look welcoming and comfortable.